But you don’t have a Wawee or Dave

You always hear people say, that kids say the darndest things. Well they really do. I could just sit and listen to my four year-old niece, Makaylee, talk all day, because the things that come out of her mouth are just hilarious.

Yesterday, I went to my church, which is where Makaylee goes to daycare and my mom is also the assistant director there. Mom and I were going to go to lunch together and we were going to take Makaylee. When I got there all the kids were in the cafeteria eating lunch. I walked in I saw Makaylee and she saw me and started yelling, Wawee Wawee Wawee (She started calling me Wawee when she was little and it just stuck). After I was there for a little bit, one of the girls in her class asks me if I’m her mommy. I said no I’m her Aunt Wawee. The little girl continues to tell me that she has two daddys. And I said oh ok. And then the girl beside her says I have two daddys too and one uncle. Well Makaylee speaks up real fast and tells that little girl that she has one mommy, one daddy, a nana, a grandpa AND she has a wawee and dave. The little girl looked at her with a sad face and said, “I don’t have a wawee” and Makaylee said “well I do”, with her smart-alec self. It was too cute and plus it made me feel good that she was bragging about me and Dave.

Then last night she came over to my house and she marches right in like she owns the place. She goes up to the T.V. stand, where I had some bunny figurines, and grabs them and says, “Wawee, you need to put these up, it’s not Easter anymore.” I just said, yes maim’ I will.

She does things everyday that just cracks me up. Like the time that Brittany was down staying the weekend with me and we went out to eat with my mom and Makaylee. We were outside of Chili’s waiting and Makaylee told Brit that she changed her name to Pippi (for Pippi Longstockings) and Brittany asked her, what should her name be? And without hesitation, Makaylee said, I’m going to call you Swan. HAHA. Of course Brit and I, immediately think of Billy Madison- Stop looking at me swan. And no lie, the other day I asked Makaylee what was my friend’s name that came and stayed with me and she said swan.

I just love that little girl.

2 comments: