My Obsession, Kenny Chesney

Back in 1999, Nicole Rabon (now Nicole Silvia) asked Mary (my sister), Maegen (my bff) and me to go to a Kenny Chesney concert with her. Kenny was rather new at that time and I didn’t think I knew that many of his songs, but the seats were on like the 8th roll and I believe the tickets were around $15, so I was like what the heck, sure I’ll go. I still remember the outfit I wore. Gray dress pants with cargo side pockets, a black see-thru lacy long-sleeve top with a black spaghetti strap shirt underneath and round toe thick heel zip up black boots…just AWFUL. And my hair, it was really short and curly so if I would have stood beside a picture of little orphanage Annie, well lets just say we would have made a striking resembles. Anyways we go to the concert and after Phil Vassar opened up, we were ready for Kenny to come out. And he came out and so did my obsession. I remember standing and singing his songs and were shocked that I knew so many. As I was singing I kept saying, he is cute, like really cute. I was never the same after that night.

Since then I have been to seven more Kenny concerts and always have had a wonderful time at each one of them. From going up to the stage and holding onto Kenny’s shoe, standing outside for two hours waiting for him to come out of his tour bus and shaking his hand and screaming in his face. From holding up, Lay Us Down Kenny, posters, while he sang Conway Twitty’s, “Lay You Down” song, from getting beer pulled all over brit and mine heads. Painting, We love Kenny and We think Kenny’s tractor is sexy, on Nicole’s car before a concert. And the saddest, watching Kenny’s foot get caught in the stage and ending up breaking his foot.

I have saved every magazine cover Kenny has ever been on, saved all of my concert tickets, have t-shirts that I have wore so much that they have holes all in them, but they will NEVER be thrown away. I have Kenny road signs, pillows, bags, and posters. Of course I have every one of his cds and listen to them religiously. I know every word and every line in all of his songs. I know pretty much everything about him. I am so obsess with this man it’s not funny. And I love my husband even more because he accepts my obsession with no problem.

I don’t know what it is with this guy, but I am and will always be Kenny Chesney’s #1 fan. I just love KENNY CHESNEY.

0 comments: