What is your addiction?

Today me and Heather, at work, started talking about the addiction we have to chapstick. Anyone close to me or who has every lived with me will know that I do truly have an addiction to chapstick. I guess it started back in elementary school when Lip Smacker chapstick was a big thing. For Christmas every year I got Lip Smackers in my socking and I remember going to the store and being excited about picking out a new flavor of Lip Smacker. I still remember using the Blueberry Lip Smacker in the 4th grade and the boy (Jonathan Hawkins) behind me hated the smell.

Throughout the years I have tried, I believe, every chapstick that is out on the market. When I go into a store and see a new chapstick or a new brand I have to buy it because I have to test it out. From Chapstick, Blistex, Carmax, Nivea, Lip Smacker, Burt’s Beewax, Soft Lips, Top Care and many many many more. I am always willing to try a new chapstick, but I have to say that Blistex is my ultimate favorite brand. The blistex medicate greenish tube is by far the best.

Sitting here thinking about my addiction is really kinda funny. I am not one of those people who can have one tube of chapstick and use it until it is finished and whenever I need it to go get it out of my pocketbook or wherever. I have to have them everywhere I go. I have a tube right beside my computer at work, one in one of my money drawers, 3 in my pocketbook, none in my car because they always melt, 2 in my coffee table drawer, 1 in one of my kitchen drawers, 3 in my nightstand drawer, 1 on top of my nightstand, 1 on my vanity, 1 in the bag I take to church on Wednesday nights, usually one in each of my coat pockets, then of course they are scattered all over my mom’s house. I’m sure there are more hiding places that I cannot think of at this moment. But seriously that is an addiction/obsession.

I should definitely get stock in one of the chapstick brands. I probably spend at least $300 in chapstick a year and a tube usually last about 3 weeks. My next project is going to be counting how many times a day I put it on. I figure I apply it every 20 minutes, 15 hours a day so that equals to about 45 times a day. And anyone who sees me put it on, knows it isn’t just one swipe around the lips, it is back and front on each lip about 8 times.

I know everyone has enjoyed reading about my addiction to chapstick! Let my know about your addictions.

1 comments: